the art of sound


Advertisement
Published: February 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i didn't know what to write this blog on, so i asked becky for an idea. she brought up the most obvious suggestion. i don't know why i didn't think of it before: MUSIC! not my music, though. i happen to like music. a LOT. i just have one problem with it...when i'm in a dorm room, with brick walls separating me from my neighbors, and i'm often times checking my laptop to see if music has started randomly playing for some reason. what do i find? of course...it's not my laptop! my neighbors play their music at decibles that cannot, in any way, be conducive to keeping one's hearing. how can we go from a society with no music at all, really, to one with CDs, mp3 files, wma files, ogg files, m4a files, and many others that can blast out of speakers and travel through a thick brick wall? THAT WALL! how do you play music loud enough to travel through a wall like that, so i can hear it perfectly clear from MY room? it sounds like it comes from my own computer.
oh wait, i forgot to mention that it's each of my neighbors who do this. my roommate and i don't understand it, really. we knocked on one of their doors once before, but...hmm...nothing! of course nothing. why would they answer the door? they can't HEAR us knocking. did i mention they use sub woofers, too? not only do i dislike singing along to the crystal clear lyrics of the catchiest song traveling through my wall while i'm supposed to be reading for my history class, but i don't enjoy when i feel the wall slightly vibrating while i'm trying to sleep at two in the morning either. i don't really enjoy the loud thumping during the day i'm writing a paper, either. where's my r.a. during this, you ask? oh, i don't know. he's probably hooking up with his girlfriend who stays over every day of her life. i think she graduated last year and had nowhere to go, so she's sneaking in the dorm and frolicking around, but i digress. how does one become that comfortable to play their music that loudly? wouldn't it hurt their ears? i used to enjoy the fact that things came with speakers so i could listen to music, tv shows, movies, and such. now, i'm not so sure. i'd continure to enjoy it if other people weren't allowed to buy speakers, i guess HAHA. oh well.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0814s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb