Visit to Lukes at Penn State


Advertisement
Published: October 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Right this is read by my parents so this is obviously the edited version of events so as to protect their innocence as i obviously dont drink to excess, am still a virgin and go to church every sunday. If you want the details (not that there are any mum, dad i love you) feel free to ask me questions!

So i left on the tuesday night for lukes by gettin the bus from madison at half 2 in the mornin, always a joy i love sleepin on coaches, gives you that neck ache that makes it easier to go to sleep! I got to chicago airport about 6 and got a few more cheeky hours sleep before my flight, had to transfer in washington then got to lukes about 2 in the afternoon, ready to rock and roll (light jazz for my parents).

The first night we went out to a bar called first which played live music and is a decent bar, the barmaids all have a massive.....eyes. And there not afraid to wear low cut.....hats to show them off. Pretty standard night but was good fun, ended up with luke telling me that i couldnt stay at his room....stranded on the first night, only for him to then realise that he wasnt in his room after all....easy mistake.

In the day it snowed alot on the thursday which was random and the earliest its ever snowed in state college since records began. So it was pretty nippy to say the least, we dragged ourselves to the gym, and the guys in the gym there must all be on steds or somethin cos they were all about 12ft wide, now im a big guy as you all know and i enjoy pushin a few reps out nearly as much as kershaw or deano...but i was in a minority as i didnt have a vein bulgin out of my forehead everytime i lifted sumthin.

That night we went out for sools birthday whos an english guy whos there too, so a load of the internationals were out, was decent then we all went to lions den after! 1dollar for long island ice teas meant that the night got off to a fast pace! we then went back to a sorority house and i ended up windin up this ginger girl who then threw me out of her room as she was a proper republican and basically one of those americans whos favourite phrase was "im an american and this is america!" easy target, went fishin and caught a big large ginger bite! luke was left to her own devices with a girl who can only be describes as having the largest chestal region iv ever seen! I had to walk home and after an hour and a half walk i finally found his halls...

Next night out was gonna be huge....lukes danish friend jakob had friends up and so did his aussie mate nick. So we went out in a big way and all the bars were heaving as it was homecoming weekend (basically when a load of alumni come back for a weekend and they celebrate school spirit with a parade and such..standard american bull). We managed to get invited to this house the next day to pre drink before the football game whch was a bonus as the tailgatin had been cancelled due to the snow.

We got to this house in the mornin to see a load of middle aged people standin in the garden.......just before we could turn round and leg it they shouted at us to come on over......turns out they were pretty cool and were doin beer bongs with us and gave us a load of free food and there were some youngsters there too which sort of saved it. We then went to the football game and the stadium is ridiculously huge, they dont care what it looks like architecturally they just put the biggest amount of steel together and created a stadium! The game was good...penn state won....it was freezin tho!

After the game we went and had a curry and then went out to first again, me and luke left at eleven and managed to blag our way into a private party cos the girl stood by the bouncers loved our accent, so after gettin a few free beers in there we left and tried to find a few frat parties and then met up with the other boys at the end of the night, after a good 15 hour session.

The sunday i felt like death warmed up (mustve caught something mum with the snow and the cold)..hangin i was. But we powered thru and cos it was everyones last night we went out again and this was probs not a good idea what with 2 plane flights the next day.

I left the next day and got into chicago airport at eleven, the last bus to madison leaves at?? yeh eleven,.......missed it! gutted, remember to check am and pm when ur bookin flights or ul have to stay in airports overnight.....not much fun, especially when there polishin the floor all night with a loud machine!

All in all it was an absolutely beltin trip and was good to see gilo and wish him a happy birthday! Few days off the sauce (not countin thursday night this week) has done me a world of good and havin a quiet weekend now to do work (finsihin on a positive for you dad see 😊!!! )

Missin you all from back home and those of you that have spoke to me on skype its been good to catch up with you all, if you've got skype add me its robbie,sinnott

Hope everyones good, absolutely lovin my time here!!
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb