And your Mission should you choose to accept it...


Advertisement
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Susan's Dream Come True 7 secs
Assembling the Tool BoxesAssembling the Tool BoxesAssembling the Tool Boxes

The group putting together tool boxes for future groups at the Pittsburgh project to use at their work sites.
Our Monday objectives: To meet our home owners, learn about our week’s projects, and get all of our supplies ready for tomorrow. We began our morning with breakfast and individual devotions at 8:30. At 9:00 we met with Dave and Ed who work with the Pittsburgh project. They gave us our mission, should we choose to accept it, and described the homeowners we would be working with. Ed then took us to the two different work sites in Pittsburgh to meet our homeowners. Our group will be splitting up into two groups, one focusing on roof repair for Kim and the other with electrical and drywall in Jim’s house.

After meeting with our homeowners, we headed back to organize our supplies. Ed made use of us by putting us to work putting together 33 tool boxes for teams to take out on their jobs. The Pittsburgh project is having several groups coming this weekend so we will be doing some other jobs for the project to help get them ready to host the groups.

After lunch, we split into groups with one group headed out with Ed to buy $1300 of supplies for projects, and the other to the
The Green Buckets of Doom!The Green Buckets of Doom!The Green Buckets of Doom!

The Anderson sisters (Mallory and McKenzie) tackle the horrifyingly heavy "Green Buckets of Doom"!
National Aviary. Susan’s wish came true and she was able to geek-out biology major style. The group at the Aviary had a lot of fun feeding the birds (and getting pooped on). The other group did an amazing job scouring Home Depot for wood, drywall, flooring, and more.

We regrouped late afternoon at the Pittsburgh project in order to meet some of the kids who attend the after school program that is part of the project. We cooked dinner and then headed out for an evening Bible study at In the Blood Tattoo, a local tattoo parlor that hosts a weekly Bible study in the basement. Despite the unusual setting, the Bible study was very good and thought provoking. Tomorrow we are looking forward to working with and to know our home owners better!


Advertisement



17th March 2009

BIRDS!
Suz- How cool is that! I love how you get excited about the "geek" things! Love those birds - even if they leave deposits! Hope your repairs are going well. I'm praying for you all!

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb