First Friday in Old City


Advertisement
Published: September 18th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Taking in the sceneTaking in the sceneTaking in the scene

Every First Friday is very much like a mini Fringe festival.

First Friday in Old City was the perfect way to celebrate Russ's birthday!

Hosted by the Old City Arts Association since its 1991 inception, First Friday is a unique cultural event in Philadelphia and one of the city’s most popular evening escapes. Held the first Friday of each month, this arts community “open house” brings together city dwellers and suburbanites, contemporary arts and antique collectors, aficionados of classical and contemporary design, and theater and performance buffs.

The welcoming informality of First Friday attracts crowds of casual browsers as well as buyers to each festive event, with dozens of galleries and cultural organizations of Old City hosting receptions and exhibition openings.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Building in Old CityBuilding in Old City
Building in Old City

This building is at the corner of 2nd and Market Sts. Hmmm..not sure of the name of it.
Building in Old CityBuilding in Old City
Building in Old City

Merchant Marine Church...I believe was the site for MTV's Real World-Philadelphia.
Design on a Dime??Design on a Dime??
Design on a Dime??

During a quick break from walking around, Russ takes a look at some carpet designs. The boy has taste...
The Birthday BoyThe Birthday Boy
The Birthday Boy

Happy B-day, Russ!!


Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 88; dbt: 0.1065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb