Mumbai to Phili Via London


Advertisement
Published: January 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day one in office..and good it was as last time.Got up without much probs today morning at 6.00 am.Took my bath and went down to cafetaria for a light breakfast.Pracheer,Khima and Chirag all came in time except the pick up.It was 5 mins late.But no probs as we reach office in time.Met the Business Manager,Karin Lupichek downstairs.She helped us get in as we didnot have our cards updated for access to the office premises.Its a long way approx. 2-3 mns walk to reach our desk from the entrance.Met my Ex-manager,Steve Keenan as well on my way their.Exchamged greetings with him.Upstairs it was nice and warm to see those people welcome us.We had a welcome breakfast.Soon after that we up for a training for an hour.After training,we handed over the gifts that we have got for our ex trainers from Mumbai.They all liked it!!

It was 12 noon ny now and we were hungry.We went down to the cafetaria for lunch with Michele.Michele is my ex-trainer who is now in charge of phase 2 migration.I had a feast on my favourate CHICKEN CHEESE STAKES.God..I love it!!later in the day,we had nothing much to do except getting familier to our trainers.I will be looking after Interest rate Swaps product this time around.Iam looking forward to this.Later in the evening,we have fixed time with Profit to go to Indian grocery shop.He is the nicest guy around the way he was last time.

Before that the flight from Mumbai to London was good.I got some small gifts from Hethrow airport for Swapnil,Nikhil & ourselves.But the one after that was bad.On arrival on Saturday afternoon,we all were tired and troubled by stomach upset.Thanx to bad food on flight from London to phili.We checked inn and settled down.I peuked and went to sleep at 7.00 pm only to get up at 6.00 am next morning.By then it was all good.I emptied my bags and set the stuff in proper places.This time around i have got a duplex apartment of around 1200 sq.feet.Its Big..I mean BIG!!Really BIG!!Sunday morning after setting up our apartment,i called pracheer and we both went out to feel the cold..(actually to get some milk and phone cards).We put on our winter gear.Coat,cap and gloves.It was around 2-3 degress and chilling cold.Ice was all around but was cleared off the road.It was kind of nice to see the ice for the first time for me.I even almost lost mt fee! t on a couple of occassions on the slippery water..but it was fun!!

We came back and cooked some nice sabudane khichadi along with batatyachi bhaji and rice-dal.We all ate together.Chatted up all afternoon.It was 6.00 pm by then and time to go to gym.Me and Pracheer started the first day of gym here on a light warm up.It was a nice feeling.That day was a big day here in US.The day for Superbowl finals.And guess what!!Our local team,Philadelphia Eagles was in finals after a gap of 25 years up against Boston.Superbowl is a big huge thing here..something like World Cup finals of cricket..Imagine what we see if India would be finals?It was the same here on sunday.Unfortunately eagles lost to Bostons inspite of a good fight.

After dinner that nite we all went to sleep to get up early next morning for our first day in office for phase 2 migration.Hope this migration goes even better than what the phase 1 was!!

Missing you,

Sachin


Advertisement



Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb