The Eye of the Tiger


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania » Philadelphia
December 12th 2007
Published: December 12th 2007
Edit Blog Post

stepsstepssteps

If Rocky can do it, so can I. Eventually.
Spent all morning traipsing around trying to find an internet cafe with a printer so I could print off my reservation for the hostel in NY tomorrow. Eventually found one down in South Street where I was yesterday, annoyingly.

Then walked all the way back to the Philadelphia Art Museum, the steps to which are the ones Rocky runs up in the first film. I don't see what the big deal was, I made it myself with a couple of rest stops.

The museum was OK, not a patch on the Met though which I hope to see this weekend. They had a Renoir exhibition, but I've decided he's a bit rubbish. Their renaissance section was also a bit lacking, there was hardly anything with any religious blood and gore, and nothing by any of the Ninja Turtles. The modern art section was quite good though, with a good Pop Art exhibition and a film which was quite pornographic.

After I'd had enough culture, I walked back down the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, modelled on the Champs Elysees, and with a flag of seemingly every country in the world on display. Though Italy and Israel both had 2 on
citycitycity

The city skyline from the museum
show, and as well as the Union Jack, there were Scottish and Welsh flags, which is silly as we all know they're just colonies of England.

Got back to the Old City at 4, and spent an hour in the Benjamin Franklin museum (he lived in Philly for most of his life), which was a little informative, though I'm fed up with hearing his quote about the sun on the back of George Washington's chair being a rising sun. I'm at 7 last time I counted.

Going for pizza tonight then maybe a film at the hostel before I get ready for NYC tomorrow which I'm greatly looking forward to.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.1kb