Day14-Amish


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


we went to visit the amish people in Lancaster, PA.

This was my favorite part of the whole trip because this was something new and the scenic beauty of country side was warm and pleasant.

Also this type of farming was interesting to watch, because they were using mechanical tractors and animals instead of machine operated tractors.

The farmers market had food cultivated by these farmers....which is in a way organic...so i tried the pumpkin pie and i liked it.

But the amish community also don't like to be disturbed by visitors ...though we could observe their lifestyle only from a distance...it is surprising how they survive without technology.

In my opinion native Americans are the true inhabitants and it is bad how the Quakers and Mennonites got treated by the new immigrants especially around new England. Also they seam to be extremely religious from looking at the churches they have built. In conclusion, i would say that the Amish are a interesting bunch of people.

I also loved the food at the Amish restaurant.


Additional photos below
Photos: 151, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 36; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb