Honeymoon Road Trip July 2009


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Honeymoon Road Trip

July 5, Day 1 of our Honeymoon Road Trip. I think this took us a total of 12 hours in the camper...including getting lost and stopping for snacks.

After about 12 hours of travel, we made it from Marblehead to Intercourse, PA. It was only about 400 miles and should not have taken this long. Various obstacles, such as avoiding tunnels, missing exits, and paranoid gas filling up far away from the highway caused us to be many many hours behind "schedule." But when we arrived across the, shudder, NJ border things were already looking up. I was not impressed with the entire bit of Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, and New Jersey- only stressful and congested and not too thrilling. But PA, especially the Dutch Country made a huge difference in keeping our spirits up. And the prospect of barbecue once we bought some meat. When I pulled up to the RV campground and saw the "Sorry, Full" banner I swallowed my heart. But magically our non-committal online reservation was posted to the door and one of the last remaining spaces was still saved for us at 7:30 pm.

We walked into "town" waving to all the Amish folk in their horse and carriages. Of course everything was closed so we headed back with barbecue on the brain.

And tomorrow we'll head to North Carolina and hope
Gettin' Ready at Gramma'sGettin' Ready at Gramma'sGettin' Ready at Gramma's

There she is, the Shasta Revere
for better travel....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Psychadelic truck with mirrorPsychadelic truck with mirror
Psychadelic truck with mirror

Self portrait at the toll booth
Our first Honeymoon mealOur first Honeymoon meal
Our first Honeymoon meal

You can still see the class Marden's 99 cents price sticker on the citronella candle. But the stemless unbreakable wine glasses really ARE classy! Thanks Butterworths!
TableclothTablecloth
Tablecloth

from Ruby! We are totally the most chic RVers on the land with our full out Italian table setting.


6th July 2009

not surprised
If Vincenzo brought his GPS from Italy, I can't wait to see who's back yard it takes you through in the appalachians. :-) But with his luck, it would have the lone random gas station on the one lane road, so not to worry. :-) Ciao
7th July 2009

Appropriate First Stop
I can't believe you stopped in that city for your first night. How appropriate or inappropriate!

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb