Day 10 - Gettysburg


Advertisement
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

PicturePicturePicture

Out of our hotel room
Hi,
We started our day by getting really neat pictures out of our 9th floor window. We checked out and went to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. We ate at the largest McDonalds we had ever seen in our lives, on one side it had four kitchens and on the other side of the room the same and a McDonald’s dessert station.
We spent a couple of hours at the museum, had fun, took pictures and bought souvenirs. We then went to the Library of Congress and did a Geocache, so we could say we did one in Washington, D.C.
We then headed to Gettysburg, we kept getting off the pike, but we never found a gas station. We did find a gate to the CIA, a gate to the Park Police headquarters, and another military facility. So we quit trying to get off the highway. We joked they were probably running our plates. We got into a big city and got off the interstate and ended up in a town way off the beaten path, it’s a good thing we have a Tom Tom.
In Gettysburg we bought a touring CD and took the tour of Gettysburg. It was so good and very sad, the narrator really did a good job, the story of the war was powerful and moving. We checked into another motel6, went and had pasta and called it a night.

-Heidi


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Abe LincolnAbe Lincoln
Abe Lincoln

Gettysburg Address
SceneryScenery
Scenery

in Pennsylvania


26th May 2010

Are we on overload yet? What an amazing experience.

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 50; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb