Sept 20th Gettysburg and moving on


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Pennsylvania » Gettysburg
September 20th 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Next morning we went to a pancake breakfast there at the camp and while the kids finished up and went to the park I tore the truck and trailer apart and cleaned it all up while looking for the kids.....found them where 3 of the kids had already "looked". we packed everything up and drove into Gettsyburg. We found the visitor center, a few battlefields and the Cemetery. Also the sight of the Gettysburg Address.

We went to Cemetery Hill battlefield first then across the street to the Cemetery. It was really amazing to see so many old grave sites and some much of them unknown. There where people for all the big wars buried there. We hooked up to the part of a tour while there and got to hear about the site of the Gettysburg Address. They have a large monument to mark the site, but it was really a few feet south of there but online with the monument. As that was a Cemetery at the time (the name of the battlefield across the street), he didn't do his speech in the Cemetery, but right outside (where a newer public cemetery now is).

Trevor really like the Canons. The Visitor's center is really big and packed this Sat morning we where there.


Leaving town in the early evening we make it as far as TN to a small town but birth place of Davy Crockett, passing through Maryland and both Virginia's. Drive through the Appalachian Moutains the whole way from Down. We saw so many wild life along the road some which was still living. We stop at a Travel Center for gas and the stay for a few hours to get some sleep.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

The gettysburg Address MonumentThe gettysburg Address Monument
The gettysburg Address Monument

The Address was soken about 50ft straight behind this
a one lane covered bridgea one lane covered bridge
a one lane covered bridge

outside of Gettysburg


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb