June 30 2013 Flight 93 and Falling Waters


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

June 30, 2013

Today we left the hotel at 8:00 for a couple hour ride to drop our grandson off at Woodward Camp in Woodward PA for a week of fun. The camp has skateboarding, photography and many other camp activities for young kids and teens. It’s located in the Northern Central part of the state. From there we went to see the Flight 93 memorial, located a couple hours South West of Woodward. The memorial is a very nice tribute to the people who lost their lives on the plane that fateful day in September 2011. The memorial is located where the plane went down. It is in a very remote area and it seemed to take forever to get there but it’s a very scenic ride getting to it.

From there we traveled another hour and a half south west to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Falling Waters house. This house which was commissioned by the Kaufmann’s of Pittsburg is absolutely incredible and is truly Frank Lloyd Wright’s greatest work. The tour was very good and it took us through all parts of this amazing house built above the running water. It was definitely worth the ride to it.

This evening we choose the Best Western Braddock Inn located in LaVale MD. This hotel was quite different than the other BW hotels we have stayed at. We stayed in building G which was located towards the back of the hotel. Around the entrance to the corridor there was a wooden swing for relaxing and also BBQ grill and picnic tables. The indoor pool area was very nice too. Lots of “homey” touches around the place like plants in the hallways, etc. It was hard to figure out how to get to the lobby though being on the 1st floor we had to actually go up the stairs to get to the ground level where the lobby is. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was very nice and a good value.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

JDsBunkWoodwardJDsBunkWoodward
JDsBunkWoodward

This bed hardly looks comfortable to me, but Justin seemed not to mind his accommodations.
Woodward WarningWoodward Warning
Woodward Warning

Nice of them to warn us about the speed trap! :-)
Flight 93 MemorialFlight 93 Memorial
Flight 93 Memorial

Flight 93 Memorial - a nice tribute to the folks who's lives were lost.
Falling Waters 2012Falling Waters 2012
Falling Waters 2012

Excellent tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright house.
FallingWaters2013FallingWaters2013
FallingWaters2013

This house was built over the stream of water - so cool!


Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0831s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb