2013 Harrisburg PA


Advertisement
Published: July 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

June 29, 2013

We arrived in Philadelphia around 10:00 am and took the shuttle over to the Budget Car Rental lot. Got the Ford Edge and headed to Harrisburg to our hotel the Best Western Central (800 E. Park). This hotel is conveniently located near the capital and also close enough to go to Hershey, which were both on our list for the short time we were in Harrisburg.

The Harrisburg capital building was awesome. It was one of the most impressive capital buildings I’ve ever seen. Sad to say, the Street leading to the capital was filled with houses in such run down condition. There were lots of really old houses that had some very interesting architecture but most all were in disrepair. Hopefully, one day these houses can be restored and the town can get back to how it once was many years ago, since it is the state’s capital city.

As a child in the ‘60s I remember going to Hershey PA and I admired the Candy light posts and other decorated items like candy bar trash cans. The light posts were still there but it was nothing like I remember. The town is now very centralized around the Hershey theme park. That place is huge. We opted to just go to the chocolate museum because roller coasters and wild rides aren’t really our idea of fun. At the museum we rode the chocolate story ride which was just like a ride one would see at Disney. And it was just as packed as the lines you would see there too. The store had every Hershey product for sale plus plenty of other items too. The place was huge. The museum is free and also parking is free for the 1st three hours. If you go over the 3 hours it goes to $12.00 and up from there.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb