days 5 and 6


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon
August 16th 2007
Published: August 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 5

Today we left Eureka and headed up out of California and into Oregon. Really pretty country but foggy the entire day so not many photo ops. We lunched in a fishing port called Crescent City, nice clam chowder. We also stopped at a site called Prehistoric Gardens, a bit of a tourist trap but a nice chance to stretch our legs. We are now about 850 miles north of LA and have driven around 600 miles. We are in the City of Florence, another fishing port and due to the fog not many photo ops. We head off in the morning to catch up with friends in Monmouth and will write more then and include photos.

Ngai reckons she has nothing to say, Tom reckons that will be the day!

It is only early but it looks like our other contributors are off to the land of nod.


Day 6

Our first stop out of Florence was at the “Sea Lion Cave” claiming to be the worlds largest sea water cave it is the only breeding location of stellar sea lions in the US and well worth a visit. We headed up the coast to Newport for a late breakfast and then turned inland to Corvaliss. We stopped her for a quick leg stretch and then once again headed north towards Monmouth in the Willamette valley. Here we caught up with old friends David and Christie Riddell. They are right on the end of the harvest season, in fact tomorrow is the last day and we all got to ride on a combine harvester. There were 5 of them working in the field we were in, David was most insistent that it was a field and not a paddock. We stayed the night with David and Christie who are wonderful hosts and also caught up with another shipmate of ours off Pindito Joe Penna. Our next move is up to Portland where we will catch up with another diving buddy “Fireman Cliff”.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

davids paddockdavids paddock
davids paddock

Driving in Oregon
sa lionsa lion
sa lion

Sea Lion Cave, the home of the Stellar Sea lions


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb