Oregon Beach and 101


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon
June 28th 2005
Published: July 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Oregon has so much beauty and fun stuff to do, I have thought a lot during the drive about the landscape across the country and how much people had to sacrifice and endure to make it through the "Oregon Trail". Austin said that Oregon used to be all of Washington, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana as well. Those would probably be some of the prettiest states alltogether. But considering our roots as explorers, or pilgrims, no wonder our heritage is individualistic in some senses. But adventuresome in the postive sense. Through the trip a verse from Psalm 84 has been going through my mind.....

" Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. .............6 As they pass through the Valley of Baca, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. {6 Or blessings} 7 They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. "

After Portland with Dave I went to the coast to see a friend Marge Lotis, who also ended up having my friend Connie Wilson with her. In addition some of the girls from DC, at a fellowship house I used to live at, came down after the conference and I was able to stay with them. Marge got them a suite right on the ocean and it easily fit the ten of us (see pic) after that I drove down rt.1 by the shores in Oregon and California. Beautiful!
It also was nice to see Santa Barbara where my folks may be living next year. It was really amazing even from the freeway.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.185s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb