Ring Around The Poseyville


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Tulsa
July 1st 2008
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day One is securely locked away in the constructs of three memory banks, assuredly a little different for each, but I have the pleasure of beginning the online dumpster that will help us keep tabs on the enormous amount of stimuli we’re about to encounter. Travelblog, you’re in charge of keeping these things clear. Here’s how mine unloads.

Miles Traveled: 590
Hours Driven: 12
Cities Landed: Saint Louis, Missouri / Tulsa, Oklahoma

In Saint Louis, the GPS system (nicknamed Andrea for companionship purposes) began leading us through the city to the Arch, only to take us to a road that was completely submerged in water. The banks of the river had swelled and engulfed the entire entryway to a nearby casino boat, leaving the highest signs and trees as little islands in the disaster.



The streets were cobblestone, the bars were both endless and unique, and the Arch itself was easily the colossus of the Midwest. The structure was so big and yet so unlikely shaped that it made it appear even larger than life. Standing under it was disorienting and I felt warped.

Then came the second and longer half of the expedition. Getting to Tulsa was our closest moment to living out a high-octane action film, what with dodging police vehicles going 83 and blowing past Tollways in the “Account Holders Lane”. I expect my arrest warrant to be passed around the area.

We arrived at Azra's workplace (The Tulsa World?) and scooped some keys to her place. It was then on to Cherry Street through an unbelievably difficult GPS direction sequence, where Weis and I scooped four burgers called "Quarter Moons". I instantly felt the digestive power of such a meal.

We crashed on Azra's wooden kitchen floor and awoke just 6 hours later to hit up a quaint little coffee shop before it was on the road again. My back hurts, but Azra is a dear and I'm thankful we got to see/stay with her.

Onward

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb