Top 5places of The Oklahoma City: An Overview


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Oklahoma City
September 16th 2014
Published: September 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

The City of Oklahoma offers some great spots for travelers and explorers. Without much ado, let’s jump straight into Oklahoma and see what it has to offer:-



Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge
American Bison Herds, Prairie dogs, bobcats, coyotes, and many other forms of wildlife welcome you in the sprawling 59,000 acre mountainous region circumventing a prairie land. The towering Mount Scott presides over the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Range Lawton. A stunning view of the picturesque setting patch worked with lakes, rock formations and hiking trails from the top of the mountain enthralls visitors even after they have been to Oklahoma multiple times.

Quartz Mountain Resort
This isolated and quaint place is supremely suited for tourists and explorers seeking spots for isolation and introspection. The flowing waters of Lake Altus-Lugert and the Wichita Mountains provide an ideal nestling ground for a get together full of fun and adventure. Every dusk and dawn provides a spectacular view of the sun getting soaked in the glistening waters of the river. Moonlit nights are especially romantic with a vast sky full of stars and a moon that seems much closer to you. The resort provides a rustic environment and delectable menu for people to have a memorable stay.

Chickasaw National Recreation Area
The “Peaceful Valley of Rippling waters” as affectionately called by the Indians, this place is one of the most serene spots in Oklahoma. The Travertine Creek flows through the entire length of the Wonderful Recreational area with its soft melodious babbles murmuring in the ears continuously. Hiking, swimming, camping, fishing, the place is conducive for any kind of activity to be undertaken under the roof called sky.

Beavers Bend & Hochatown State Park
Towering Pine trees, living and growing together with hardwood trees with mist growing around them, as if a bond of smoke; this is the essence of Beavers Bend and Hochatown State Park near Broken Bow. The Mountain fork river is a storehouse of cool and refreshing waters, and transparent like the minds of children. An Afternoon of quietness spent fishing in the river or witnessing the wisp of mist rising with half awake-half sleepy eyes are experiences to be treated upon forever.

Natural Falls State Park
This place is beauty exemplified. Mother Nature has showered all its blessings to this space, with a 77ft waterfall gushing through to fall into an oasis, a gorge. The sound of the waterfall fills and reverberates through the air and this sound, combined with the fragrant smell of indigenous flowers like redbud asks the travelers to fill their insides with the pure and pristine aura of this place. Camping, hiking, swimming in the cascading waters and much other kind of activities can be indulged in, once you are able to absorb the scintillating beauty of the place, that is.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb