Across Indiana, into Ohio. Last night of camping.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Springfield
September 17th 2017
Published: September 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

IMG_3208IMG_3208IMG_3208

Last night of camping
Today we finished crossing Illinois, blew across Indiana, and stopped for the night just east of Springfield, Ohio, about a quarter of the way across the state, between Dayton and Columbus. We are camped in a state park on a small lake. Its pleasantly quiet here and we have actually our first campfire of the entire trip. We weren't allowed to have a fire anywhere out west.
We are still without our stairs, climbing in and out on a step stool.
We have about 270 miles to home from here, so tonight is our last night on the road. We will have traveled about 5500 miles by the time we reach home, and we will have been gone 33 days. We visited eight national parks, five state parks, and fourteen states. Our equipment disappointed us in various ways, but other than that it was a great trip. With gasoline averaging $2.50 to $2.60 per gallon and campgrounds averaging about $40 per night, the total cost of the trip including activities and souvenirs was about $3500, not bad for an epic adventure.
We're looking forward to getting home tomorrow and taking care of all of the various things that need attending to.
This will be the last blog entry for this trip. Thanks for joining us on the trip, I hope you enjoyed it. 'Till next time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb