A Rainy Day in Ohio


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Cleveland
October 1st 2007
Published: October 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dear Blog Watchers, Today is the 1st day of October and our 1st rainy day. It started last night at Elkhart, IN, but then stopped. We had an oil change before starting east again. We have alternated on 2 roads: 6 and 20. They both meet our needs for scenic landscape, small rural towns, tree lined houses, etc. The speed limit is 55 which seems comfortable, although it drops down to 45 then 35 as we enter the rows of brick, 2 story shuttered homes with huge green lawns and no fences. It was Monday...wash day for the many Amish houses we passed. Jonah & Gabe will remember the clotheslines with black pants, white shirts, and dark burgundy long dresses billowing in the wind. We saw several horse-drawn buggies with bearded farmers on their way to town. We lunched next to a cemetery, switched drivers, walked Timmy and away we go. This has kind of been our routine; Dave drives in the morning and I drive after lunch. Timmy sits in the co-pilot's bed between the driver and the navigator. We no sooner pulled into the campground when it poured down, complete with thunder and lightning. This must be a mid-west weather pattern, but hopefully no tornadoes. We turned off satelite radio in favor of the local NPR which hopefully would broadcast tornado warnings, Ah, but you say, where would we go? I guess we would run into the bathroom as it is the only permanent structure amongst these motorhomes. We again are the only ones here except for the host and a few semi-permanent(?) rigs. We haven't seen a soul; maybe they're all in the root cellar. Anyway, we fixed a batch of popcorn and watched the storm. Perrysburg, Ohio, founded in 1816 is a truly beautiful town; has anyone ever heard of it? Tomorrow we'll write from Pennsylvania...stay tuned. love, D,W,T.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb