Living in Sin with the Safety In...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Cleveland Area
August 7th 2008
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I have had a great couple of days here in the Cleveland area. Two nights ago we stayed in a small town on Lake Erie just west of Cleveland called Lakewood. Kristen had a bad cold and some pink eye, so we visited the local hospital in the morning to get some antibiotics, but she is fine now. We then rolled over to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I honestly thought that we could motor through this museum in a couple of hours, but we found ourselves staying there for four hours. Kristen then found the house that was filmed in the movie A Christmas Story. They still have the famous leg lamp and Christmas tree in the windows. Now the owners run tours, but unfortunately we went on a day they were closed. We did snag a picture though. We then headed to the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. It only seemed fitting after the Hall of Fame. I had a quesadilla with Joe Perry's famous hot mango salsa that was delicious. We then headed to our hotel in Sandusky.

The first night in Sandusky we checked out a park with Goofy Golf putt-putt as they call it out here. It was a pretty tricky course, but I brought my "A" game! Kristen then treated me to a shake from Cold Stone Creamery just down the street from a haunted mansion. They sure love their Halloween out here. I may have to make a return trip in the fall.

Today we spent 12 and a half hours at Cedar Point an amusement park that sticks out on a thin piece of land into Lake Erie. Wow, I have been to amusement parks before, but this one steals the show. For you roller coaster enthusiasts it has 13 legit roller coasters. The lines can be a little long though as we found out, even for a week day. We ended up only getting on 15 rides all day long with only a 20 minute stop for lunch. The roller coasters were amazing though. I went on two that were rated tops in the world in 2006 and 2007 and I can see why. We even hit one after the park closed for a second trip called The Maverick. My sister's favorite was a drag racer coaster that hit 120 mph in 4 seconds and zoomed up an incline to 420 ft. then looped over the top, spun once and came zooming back to the start at 110 mph. It was insane, but the 2 hour wait for a 20 second ride was a good chunk of our day. We are headed to Chicago tomorrow morning to visit our friend Dom from WHS. Check back tomorrow night for some fun in the Windy City.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Playing Air Guitar?Playing Air Guitar?
Playing Air Guitar?

Scott's pepperoni log made it to Cleveland!


7th August 2008

wait and ride
Hey Eric, Sounds like an amazing adventure ride so far. You dad is so jealous I may have to send him to Cedar Point in the near future. But did you really mean that the 2 hour wait lead to a 20 minute ride? I would think if you two spent 20 minutes on that rollercoaster you can forget about jobs in education and food and go straigt to NASA. Keep on posting! Jan
14th August 2008

Been there done that
I have been on the Dragster...my friend called it a life altering experience. Felt like the closest thing I would ever get to riding on the Space Shuttle...we waited 4 hours. Only reason is because after 2 hours were the next to go, actually in the car, and they stopped the ride due to something on the track. Determined not to give up our "Next to go" spot we waited..and waited..antoher 2 hours...was worth it and yet not....was awesome, but will never wait 4 hours for any ride ever again...but that was the ride to wait for if your gonna.
16th August 2008

Dragster
I don't feel as bad waiting 2 hours now that I have heard your story. It was certainly a great experience, but I was even thinking two hours for a 20 second ride was a bit much. I'm sorry to hear that you had us beat by another 2 hours. Did you get to ride any of the other roller coasters that day?

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb