Thanksgiving & a few photos


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Canton
November 25th 2006
Published: November 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi Everyone. I still haven't got much to tell since our last entry as we are still without a car so this entry is mainly going to be photographs.

I rang the Transmission shop today and the transmission still hasn't come in. Apparently after we paid Frank (at the shop) he had to order the transmission, the place he ordered it from then had to get it out of the car and then it had to be sent to us here in Ohio. Frank was expecting the transmission to come in today but the Thanksgiving holiday has put everything behind so we are expecting it in on Monday. We have our fingers crossed that it will actually be Ok to use as we won't know until Frank pulls it apart.

The weather cleared up a few days ago so Jose' took Russ and I down to the local park where we went for a walk and we then went to the McKinley Memorial which is where the 25th President of the United States rests along with his wife and 2 children. Standing beside the memorial is a Science Centre with a McKinley Museum which we also checked out.

On Thursday, Russ and I experienced our first Thanksgiving. Our friend Jose' invited us around to his mother's house where we were stuffed full of yummy American food. It was great to experience the holiday with them and we appreciate their hospitality.

Nothing else to report unfortunately, it's been a slow week. Once we get the car, things will pick up and you can enjoy the wonderful ramblings from me again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Thanksgiving Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving

Russ and I and all the food - 23/11/06
Our Generous HostsOur Generous Hosts
Our Generous Hosts

Jose' and his Mom, Gail.


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb