Day 4 - March 3rd 2008


Advertisement
Published: March 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings all:
Well quite an uneventful day for the most part today!
A couple of interesting items though.
We stopped for a coffee at a place called Caribou Coffee! It was a place on a par with Starbucks, complete with free wi-fi! However notice the selection of washroom facilities they offered us!! (see pic!) Not really - they had the real things!
Then down the road a ways, we came upon the back of truck you see pictured! Yup - Samaritan's Purse! That was cool enough, but then we noticed who was hauling the trailer!! Paul Brandt Trucking! Who is Paul Brandt? Only the premiere country singer in Canada!! Add to that that he and his wife are devoted believers, as well as heavily involved in Samaritan's Purse, but also with World Vision! You can learn more by going to www.paulbrandt.com. We followed “Paul” for about 150 miles, before he turned north. When we investigated further, when we got to our room, we discovered that there is a Paul Brandt Trucking firm out of Manitoba, who originally was not connected. However, if you watch this video at www.paulbrandt.com/videotour1110.htm - you will see how they became connected! Cool story!
Well then it was on to our motel - a Super 8 (looks almost brand new!). The GPS took us on a wild goose chase, but it wasn't her fault, as there is a 281 S and 281 SE. The motel internet site said “S” and should have been “SE”. Once we got that settled, the GPS brought us right to our motel.
Oh by the way, notice how relaxed I was today! I figured it was such a straight forward day that my masters could handle it without my supervision, so I curled up on floor hump in the back seat! Ah, what a rest!
My masters ate in supper at Perkins tonight and Sharon did a wash in the on site laundry room. Then it was bedtime. As you can see, I am well settled in! Yawn!!!!
Tomorrow we are looking forward to being back in Canada, staying in Weyburn, Saskatchewan.
Woof and paw shakes to y'all.
Benji.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



11th March 2008

I love how Benji keep sleeping under random tables in small spaces! So cute!

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb