Corn as far as the eye can see...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Dakota » Bismarck
August 12th 2013
Published: August 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The view from the Road Avenger has been a sea of future products of the husked plant such as cornbread, ethanol, fritters, glue, & chex mix. Corn fields as far as the eye can see! Today is day 3 of the Great Middle America Road Trip! Jess & I spent the night in Minneapolis, MN with several RBI Softball World Series teams. They like to practice their sprints up and down the halls in the wee hour of the morn! We had several stops in the Twin Cities, the first being the Peanuts statues in St. Paul. Yes, photo time with Snoopy & the gang! Up next was the Spoonbridge & Cherry Sculpture in Minneapolis. There was also a sculpture putt-putt course there, but it was closed. Up next was the famed Mall of America (queue the horns & cymbal crash). Today is the MoA 21st birthday! Who knew! Large mall, but not overwhelming. Roller coasters flying over your head, people looking up and pointing in all directions - that's what I call a good time! Jess & I wrapped up our adventure at the MoA with a Rocky Mt chocolate peanut butter apple - to die! Most would think that its time for bed now, not Jess & I. Next stop is a giant otter statue and then wait for it......NORTH DAKOTA! Ladies & gents, we have entered our 7th state in 2.5 days! An hour in the state that touches Canada, we make a stop to see the worlds largest buffalo statue and a surprise appearance by real wild buffalo. I may have peed myself on that one. Next stop is Bismarck, ND, which is our home for tonight. We did pass sunflower fields along the way. I'll have to figure out a way to get closer to the ray of light flower. Maybe tomorrow....


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb