Albamarle, NC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina
December 5th 2008
Published: December 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

We drove for about 4 hours to Kam and Mike's. They have rented a 2 bedroom house until they find out which area they want to settle in. We had dinner out, looked at a house they want to buy in Baden, Alcoa country.
Saturday we spent going all over, them showing us the area, explaining about Alcoa. Found Stone Mountain winery, and of course, we stopped in to sample and buy. We brought a case home, the blackberry wine is outstanding.
Sunday, we went into Winston Salem, where Derek and Joey have bought a new house, Kam , Joey and Maribel hit the stores, while the guys babysat, watch football and drank beer. Maribel boasted she was done with Christmas shopping. Pete was astounded.
Did I mention 2 toehr stores got in my way? While in Warne, Tom took us to Deeks, a close out bargain store. The to Young Harris, Ga border, to Alexanders. Plus what we had bought in KY, the black Friday...Yes we were done with Christmas shopping except for Donnie, which I have now bought him a bottle of his favorite Captain Morgan.
Joey had left dinner on the oven while we shopped. So everything was ready when we got back. Nice quite dinner. Then we left for Albamarle. Kam put her Tree up. Went to be, and Monday morning would be another traveling day for us. Pete was sneezing, and hacking. Bought him some meds, before we left.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb