North Carolina, mom, john, eric, meagan. love Barley, sarah and of course the omnipresent Cow--- moooooooooooooooooooo!


Advertisement
Published: April 13th 2013
Edit Blog Post

we'll, here we are, almost full circle, in the great state of North Carolina, tenth most populous state in the 50 states with almost 10 million people. Silier City is close to Chapel Hill and Raleigh, the Capital. Charlotte is the biggest city in the State. Mt. Mitchell in Western NC is the tallest point in the Eastern US. All this from Wikipedia! Ty the great wiki. I trust you are right!! I know that Mount Mitchel is the highest which i have not yet hiked.

i love the Spring time in the South. i know it the best, the southern Spring. I have lived in the South the longest. lived in Knoxville for almost 15 years and each spring that comes is like a new spring. so many colors, great temperatures, all new and bird songy.

my mom has a bunch of bird feeders in the backyard and there are lots of birds: cardinals, finches, i think, hummingbirds, owls, they tell me, woodpeckers, titmouse's, the ubiquitous Vulters or chicken hawks. they live down a gravel road out in the country. there are cows in the distance that sound like they are constipated judging by their long moooo's. (my bro mentioned cow tipping but what it must be like to be a cow sleeping while standing then finding yourself rolling on the ground? i have never cow tipped before but i am sure that if i were a cow i probably would say that it does not feel good to be tipped. cows are so big how could you tip them over anyways? this thought reminds me of grandma Tuttlebee.)

my brother and his wife joined us for pizza last night. the dog Barley and i had a reunion too. i have not seen him in over 4 months. he has aged! he is bigger and more grey but still gets along. we had a nice walk this morning up the to the neighbors house with the Red Sun sign. we had to take a couple breaks getting up and down the hill but we made it there and back again.

today we will go to the Farmers Market and check it out.

what else?



music drifts in the door

soft, enchanting

enjoi the wet temperate spring

clouds rolling

tongues lolling

cows mooing

saying it is spring!

time to eat!!!

time to mate.

time to frolick in the grass

eating sunshine

releasing

rain

enjoying

enjoying

the change of the seasons

ever expanding outward

and inward

a vow(/r)textual mobiuos toroid

a dounut shaped universal existence

collapsing and exapanding simultaneously

born and reborn each moment

spring birthtime

new beginnings

planting

growing

waiting

moving going

being

succumbing? no

becoming, yes

Springtime is the time to start anew and embrace the freshness of all that is, ever was, and will be

at ease enjoi the new day and thank you all, see you soon.



love



in the words of The Beatles, I believe.

love is all you need





p.s. Sarah, who mentioned in the title, is the co-owner of the dog Barley. Barley is nearly 12. He is a Golden Retriever and possibly the coolest dog you will ever know. He has hiked over half the Appalachian Trail. He has been here and done that. He has changed my life for the better and i am sure changed the lives of many others. ty Dr. Martin and eveyone else who has particpated in his life. bless him and all his endeavors.

I will tell you one story about Barley and I while on the Appalachian Trail: we were hiking along coming up over a grassy hill when along come some big beefy black and white cows. this seems pretty normal to me but when i look around Barley is nowhere to be seen. this worries me for a moment. but then i spot him way down at the bottom of the hill trying to go around these huge cows which must be to him the biggest dogs that he has ever seen. so i have to go get him and drag him through this throng of strange animals otherwise known as cows. he begins to growl because he is scared. but we make it through unscathed and continue on our way. all the way to mid Pennsylvania before Barley had to get off the trail due to a large hematoma on his back and probably from general exhaustion due to heat and long days of hiking. Thank you Barley for helping me that far up the trail!

may you realize what you realize😊

blessings.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0614s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb