Whoever said Iowa was flat hasn't been to Iowa


Advertisement
Published: July 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a leisurely morning , because we had a late night with counting crows concert celebrating the 40 anniversary of ragbrai . Tork (our host) laid out a wonderful breakfast for us to get our day going at 8 am, where we had a nice 10 mile ride on the cedar river trail to get down to the start of ragbrai with breakfast on the bridge. We started with some Czech pastries, delish! Then straight up hill , got our thighs warmed up real quick! It didn't stop there, with the wind and the hills it was a very big day for our quads! We stopped in mt Vernon and saw the beautiful Cornell university and of course sampled some French toast from sweet delights . So many riders today we think a lot of cr people picked it up today! Plus it was college day so of course Ann proceed to sing the tar heel song while wearing her tar heel bike jersary , she really needs a raise! We ended the day in anamosa , where we needed some carbs so we found a tavern named knucklehead. Yes we even purchased t shirts for our sons ! Made it to our wonderful camp site that Landon and robin set up for us, nice weather we have all been sitting outside for the first time enjoying the breeze.

On into town on our bikes for some dinner at the American vet post 110, yummy 😊

Last day tomorrow so we have to go enjoy the festivities downtown! You betcha!

Advertisement



28th July 2012

I'm so glad y'all are almost done. Your trip has stressed me. What an event to remember!!! Can't wait for the movie to come out......
28th July 2012

whoever said Iowa....
my father use to say that life is meant to be looked at backwards, unfortunately you must live it foward. And so you are this week a small microcosm of that qoute. do you think the memory of this week will be more amazing than the doing of it...And as a friend who asked herself, do you think these people are even cooler (that is just a figure of speech here and not a temperature) than before. Those anwers are easy..."you betcha"...thanks for keeping in touch and enjoying the ride..

Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0898s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb