Survived the first day!


Advertisement
Published: June 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone! Yesterday, Sunday, we flew out of Chicago at 9 am and arrived in Raleigh around 11:50 am North Carolina time. We ate our last fattening meal of the week of Popeyes at the airport and hoped that drinking low calorie fruit smoothies would cancel out all the fat! I figured if that didn't work, the fat should surely melt away by the 95 degree weather! Unfortunately, our shuttle service arrived late and I was just plain grumpy with a wicked headache by the time he picked us up.

We arrived at The Holly Inn around 4 pm on Sunday, checked into our quaint, southern-style room, and enjoyed our first low fat meal of pizza made with ricotta cheese and vegetables. David scraped all the vegetables and cheese off and dipped his low-fat homemade crust into the tomato soup and went to bed hungry. He was not happy. The dessert was the best part. Angel food the size of a small cupcake and half a strawberry with non-fat topping never tasted so good! We were so tired from traveling that after calling dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day, we went to bed early.

TODAY: Monday, June 21, 2010
We enjoyed our 7:30 am group walk around the village to start our day. It's beautiful and picturesque with flowers, trees, and southern charm. I was so proud of David. He decided to jog half of the 1 1/2 miles and ended up at the head of the pack! After the walk/jog we enjoyed a low fat breakfast of fruit and egg beater tortilla wraps.Then the kids split from parents for a fun time at the park until lunch while the parents learned about the science and cognitive behavior therapy component.

There are nine awesome families here! Total of 29 kids/adults plus 9 camp staff.

The luncheon Bison bbq's were good and we had plenty of fruits and veges. David has tried many new foods!! After lunch everyone trekked over to the luxurious spa and indoor workout facility. That was incredible and top quality! We learned karate (loved that) and had one hour of free time to swim in the very warm pool water before dinner of tofu and angel hair pasta. Luckily there is always salad!

We have Circle time to give one another many positive affirmations two-three times a day. After an evening wrap up, we retired to our rooms at 8:30 to watch THE BACHELORETTE! My husband called and gave an update on his remodeling project at home. He said it's sure quiet at home.

Well, I better get to bed so I can get up for our walk in 7 hrs. I'll upload photos tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb