The End of One Thing and the Beginning of Another


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Chapel Hill
September 8th 2020
Published: September 8th 2020
Edit Blog Post

The offer was received and countered. We accepted the counter and have paid our earnest money. Closing will happen in a couple of weeks. We can take possession on October 15th. It all seems to be falling together. Which means we're moving to Montana.

Here in NC, we've got a big job ahead of us. We're going to pack very lightly. Take those few items which seems personal and important to us. Take our complete tool kit. Then we turn the rest of the house into an Air BnB, while we ponder if, or when, to put the house on the market. Running the house as an Air BnB allows us to leave behind our furniture and make enough money to cover our costs while we figure out what to do on the other end. Since we don't feel much particular love or identification with our furniture, it's easy enough to do. We can deal with it when and if it becomes a thing.

So for now, we've got details and stuff up the wazoo, to deal with, haul, sell, repair, finish, and get rid of. We're very glad that the weather has settled back down, and that we've got cooler days and even cooler nights to work in. Whether we'll be ready to head west by mid-October we do not know. It would be good to get there before the snow flies. There's much at that end that has to be figured out as well before winter sets in.

Take care, ya'll. More as we know more.

T

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb