Morehead City, NC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Beaufort
October 30th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Destination Morehead City, NC

Left anchorage on Adams Creek at 8:30

Arrived in Morehead City at 11:30.

I pulled into Portside Marina to have them look at the dinghy motor. Nice old guy named Bill worked onitfor two hour (three if you include lunch) and finally got it running again. Charged me $110. Frank, he did what you said, put penetrating spray in the spark plug hole and then wacked it with a long bolt and a hammer. That freed it up. Then he cleaned the whole carberator sytem and it seems to run like new. Went ahead and stayed at the marina. $1.75 per foot but with free electrical and free laundry. May go into town to look around. This marina is not the nicest I have ever stayed but the people that run it are very nice.

I hope to run about eight hours tomorrow to an anchorage north of Topsail Beach. Then hopefully in Wrightsville beach the day after.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



2nd November 2009

motor
Great news about the motor. Now you need to be able to duplicate what he did. Glad you are still making it. Its going to get more and more rewarding I think.
20th December 2009

i like the comment on the picture of the dinghy. glad to see it is still hanging in there.

Tot: 0.362s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb