Last Day In NYC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
April 24th 2009
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 40.7528, -73.9853

We decided to sleep in today since we knew the shops on 5th Avenue wouldn't be open until around 10. We had breakfast, finished packing, dropped our bags at Bell Services and arranged for a car to take us to the airport. Then it was off to shop.

We made a couple of stops and then walked to Grand Central Station. It has recently gone through a renovation and it is a beautiful train station.

We then tried to find an American Eagle Outfitters and an Abercrombie & Fitch for Regan but we weren't very successful.

It was getting close to lunch so Nikki grabbed a hot dog from a street vendor, I grabbed a gryo from another and the girls got lunch at McDonald's. We did a little more shopping and then went back to the hotel to get the car to the airport.

I really hate how much transportation companies over estimate on the amount of time it is going to take to get to the airport and debated on taking the subway because I knew exactly how long that would take and it would have been cheaper but, we would have had to carry the luggage down the stairs and that just wasn't practical. We got to the airport in less than an hour which meant we were there two hours prior to our flight time. If we had listened to the driver, we would have been there three hours early.

The Delta terminal at JFK isn't great for shopping but, we survived. They boarded us on time and we departed on time. Once we pulled away from the gate the pilot told us that we were 25th in line to take off and so they were going to turn off the engines to conserve gas. He also told us that they had built in 48 minutes of taxi time to our flight time so we should still arrive in SLC on time. We did sit for 48 minutes but, they did turn on the entertainment system for us and we were able to watch TV or a movie while we sat there.

Our arrival home was un-eventful and my parents picked us up and brought us home.

It is always a sad day when the vacation ends but, we had a great time and look forward to going back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb