Cheap and Affordable Accommodation for Working Holidays


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
April 12th 2017
Published: April 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Discovery Melbourne





Working holiday visas are amazing, as it means you can work in a completely new country, giving you the opportunity to travel for longer as you earn money along the way.

But just because you’re working, doesn't mean you automatically have loads of disposable income. You’re likely saving for your next big adventure, which means trying to keep costs low where you can. To help, check out our list of affordable accommodation you should consider.

Hostels


Hostels are the go-to accommodation for most travellers. They’re cheap, easy to find and are a great opportunity to meet new people and have fun. For some people, hostels might not be the most ideal long-term options, but they’re great whilst you get settled and get accustomed to your new environment. If you’re in Melbourne, then check out Discovery Melbourne ; a cheap, affordable hostel with all of the facilities you could need. You’ll find that some hostels offer long term accommodation, so you can stay for as long as you want.

Share houses

Long term, you might decide you’d like to find your own place to call home. In cities in particular, accommodation can be expensive, so you need to figure out what you want to do. Do you want to live alone or with a couple of friends, far out of the city for cheap? Or perhaps you want to find a share house with some new people in the city. You’ll always find people advertising for roommates, particularly on backpacker forums. If you do look online for roommates, make sure to check that they’re legit and you’re going into a safe environment. Safety first! Share houses can be really cheap and a great way to meet new people.

Campsites


This one might not be for everyone, but campaign can be a great option for some. You could also look to hire a caravan and then stay in caravan parks during your stay. These are great, cheap options that will help you to keep your accommodation costs low . You also have the added benefit of being able to get up and leave whenever you want, as you won’t be tied down by a lease. This is a fantastic, flexible option for those who like to go with the flow and see where the world takes them.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.493s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb