Brooklyn Bridge


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
September 7th 2014
Published: September 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Another beautiful sunny day in New York.

Took the subway over to High St, Brooklyn with the plan to walk back over the bridge to Manhattan. What a treat! The boardwalk for pedestrians is raised above the 2 lines of traffic, and the views are spectacular.

When we reached the other side of the bridge we watched an impromptu street break- dancing show. These guys are amazing. They have a funny witty banter as well as doing some amazing and daring moves. A lot more fun as a New York experience than going to a show on Broadway. Fred is putting a video of the performance on his You Tube channel - search 'FandF'

Snack lunch by the fountain and modern sculptures based on Liberty outside City Hall before taking the subway north. We got off the subway on the edge of Harlem and walked along the street looking for a graffiti of Jo Strummer seen in a book........unfortunately we never found said graffiti (since one of us had confused street numbers and avenue numbers when planning on the map!)

Unfazed, we walked back via Central Park to the Upper West Side area of town. Here we saw grand old New York buildings and felt we were in the sort of area inhabited by Stuart Little's family or 'Friends'. Then subway home to pack for the next leg of the journey.

Fred has uploaded videos of the street breakdancing show to his u tube channel. Search under FandF world trip for one video, then scroll down to FandF NYC and also FandF NYC Fran.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.705s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb