The Wedding


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
May 20th 2010
Published: May 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Wedding 1 39 secs
2: Wedding 2 27 secs
3: Wedding 6 28 secs
Thursday 20 May

An auspicious day - Amanda’s 30/10 and Amanda and Jason’s wedding day

I woke up at 6am after only 5 hours sleep, but I was very excited about both Amanda’s birthday and the wedding. Marika was up soon after and we snuck around getting ready for the surprise birthday breakfast. Helena, the landlord rang the door bell just after 7am with birthday and wedding present in hand. I went over to the bakery and picked up the birthday cake we ordered, complete with 30/10 candles. We lit the candles, sung happy birthday and shared presents. It was a great start to the day.

We started the procession into the bathroom to get our selves beautified for the big event. Just before 9am Amanda, Marika & I wandering down the road to the local beauty salon to get a manicure, pedicure and have our hair washed and blow dried. Four hours later we ran out the door to get home and do our makeup and get dressed. Jason had been ringing us in a mild state of panic thinking we weren’t going to make it to City Hall in time.

Jason, Paul and Sean were ready and waiting and drinking beer. We ordered a couple of taxis and hurried into them. Not sure if we had everything we needed, or if we were going to make it in time. Jason was a little stressed to say the least, Marika wasn’t far behind him, luckily Amanda and I balanced the stress out with our carefree, she’ll be right mate attitudes.

The six of us met Amanda’s work colleges at Newark station and in the hurry walked to the wrong platform. Well usually it is the right platform, but there were diversion signs that we clearly hadn’t had time to read. Soon enough six of us were on the train, but the other six missed it. We proceeded to World Trade Centre station and then a long hot walk to City Hall. The walk seemed never ending to City Hall, thankfully we had a thongs on with our pretty dresses otherwise I’m not sure we would have made it.

We arrive, paid the marriage licence, took our ticket and waited for C589 to flash up on the screen. I noticed C560 and went to ask if we had missed our turn. Thankfully the officer said she would recycle our number, Sean and I were the witnesses and about 10 minutes later Amanda and Jason were getting married with Paul and Marika performing the ring bearing duties.

Congratulations, hugs, hand shakes and tears were shared, now time to celebrate. We all made our way outside to a park over the road to eat cake for Amanda’s birthday, then onto Bar89 for a late lunch and a lot of Mojitos. After many hours of eating, drinking and merriness, we made our way to a bar in New York. We drunk, Marika chair danced, we chatted and soaked up the NY locals. After a nice amble through the streets of Soho, to give air Marika out, we arrived at our hotel. One last drink in the bustling bar, then up to our rooms for a well earned sleep. But not before Marika had sung her way through her bedtime routine. And yes she woke with a nasty hangover. We shouted the newly weds to the penthouse suit which had the most amazing bathroom. Pity no one thought of taking photos. We all met in the dinning room the next morning fr breakfast and devoured fresh waffles, while Marika groaned over a bowl of fruit. Nibbling at each piece, but not quit being able to swallow any thing.

We made our way very slowly to the subway, and then home on the train and finally a taxi from the station. A very successful event, with many many wonderful memories created. I feel very privileged to have been a part of it all. Thank you Mr & Dr Craig for inviting me and including me on your very special day.








Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb