JFK airport!! :D


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
February 7th 2008
Published: February 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from JFK airport, gate 12!!! (i'm using the airport's wireless internet) Our departure from home to Baltimore airport was a success, but leaving home is always hard. Once we got to the baggage check though, slight chaos ensued. Baggage weight limit, as we knew, is 50lbs per bag. 2 bags allowed per person. Shane and I weighed our bags at home several times, and we knew it was going to be close, but were pretty sure we'd still be under the limit.... but we were wrong. Shane's bags were 43lbs and exactly 50.0lbs (i am a firm believer that holding your breath while weighing luggage is the only way to go). I, however, was not as lucky... i think shane was breathing too much when he put my suitcase on the weighing platform. The first suitcase was 47lbs, but the second one was over by 5lbs... which doesnt sound like a lot, but when u pack like we do, it's like rearranging the weight of a small child. After about 15 minutes of readjusting and shifting stuff from one suitcase to another (in the middle of the airport terminal no less) and weighing each bag at least 5 times each, we were able to finally get going.

The first leg of our journey was only one hour long, from baltimore to JFK... a perfect flight for shane's first time in an airplane! it was a tiny itty bitty puddle jumper plane. but the flight was wonderful, and we were in the air at a perfect time to watch the sunset, which was really really beautiful. i was worried that shane would be nervous on the plane, but he absolutely loved it and looked out the window smiling the whole time. such a champ. 😊

so now we've been sitting in JFK airport since around 6:15PM... and its currently, 11:12PM. Our flight was supposed to take off at 10:30PM, but it was delayed. i think we are taking off shortly... o wait, they r making an announcement!! we are boarding now!!

got to go!!!
so exciting!!!!
love you all!!!
hope to update again soon!!!

=p

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb