New York, , New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
June 22nd 2007
Published: June 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, after a long 29 hours of flying we were greeted by the city that never sleeps by a 2 hour traffic jam. A trip that should have only taken 20 minutes from JFK to Queens.

Jeva & Jamaal's cousin Jason, was volunteered to put us up for our stay in New York.

Wasn't long before we met some of the locals down @ the nearby 'beer garden'. A few minutes into the conversation & I was asked what Aussies thought if Americans. I answered and said that most of the Americans I come across @ work are whingers. What? I'm not going to lie! The reaction I got wasn't all that positive. This guy then proceeded to tell me that he had been at a party with Paris Hilton once. Who cares!

Our first couple of days were spent doing the touristy thing. Statue of Liberty, double decker bus, Empire State Building, Central Park & we went down & saw the Workd Trade Centre. We also visited a few of the city's best shopping spots and I am happy to report that we were very well behaved.

We did as the locals do and went to a baseball game at Flushing. Enjoyed a Budweiser and salted nuts while watching one of the local teams the Mets beat the Minnesota Twins 7-1. Great atmosphere even if it was a boring game.

Saw a Broadway show while in town. Lined up for cheap tickets & saw a Matinee performance of 'Phantom of the Opera'. I loved it & so did Sean (so he said). Although I had to elbow him several times to wake him up . . . jetlag apprently.

Met up with Matt Ingham 'The Face of Tiffany'. He showed us the shopping in Soho and local eats & had our name on the door at one of the cities hip clubs - Runway. Awsome DJ, half-naked women dancing on the bar & free drinks saw us through til 4am. Suprisingly Matt came through with the goods and wasn't all talk . . a wealth of knowledge actually.

After 5 days, we were happy to see the back of the Americans, but as for Jason he was awsome & we were so grateful that he let us stay with him.

Thanks for the messages guys - having a laugh.

and Jason.....58D. Peter Harvey.

Advertisement



26th June 2007

surprise surprise
Surprise surprise, who would have thought that sj and brooke would have been at a night club... 4am finish is quite an early night 4 u both now isnt it! Either that or the truth is isnt being told.....
26th June 2007

Good to see you're on top of that great Americanism 'Awesome'!!
26th June 2007

Sounds like you 2 are living it up!!! I loved reading all about your adventure :) Enjoy xxx

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb