Family Wedding


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
October 24th 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sculpture ParkSculpture ParkSculpture Park

everything made from recycled materials. Great fun.
Have been rather a long time adding this blog. Started visiting relations in the wst. Quite cold there. Had good time with them seeing daily life and doing some special things together. Spent four days there then took an internal flight to New York where I met up with Leigh who arrived the day before. We visited a sculpture park on the site of the old agricultural fair ground in New Jersey on the Wednesday. We did a tour of Ground Zero which was very poignant and doubly sad all the controversy about what to put there. We spent time with the Zieloney family; a dinner with Jay and Marilyn at a very nice fish restaurant, gallery visits with Marilyn the next day to see Annie Liebovitz ,Dylan and MOMA where you are allowed to take photos (unheard of at Tate Modern).; an evening at a jazz venue with Bobby and Sunday lunch with Karen and Liam.
The Burch family wedding was on the Saturday on Long Island. My first cousin Beryl's daughter Philippa was marrying a Greek New York doctor called Manny. The service took place at the local modern greek orthodox church and then there was a lavish evening do at a local country club. Philippa looked lovely and it was very interesting to see a wedding from a different perspective. The greek dancing was very exuberant in the evening and the music got to deafening proportions.
New York is a very vibrant city and this was a really enjoyable break.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

New Jersey sculpture parkNew Jersey sculpture park
New Jersey sculpture park

Dejeuner sur l'herbe avec Leigh
Ground ZeroGround Zero
Ground Zero

Poignant reminder - girder with sheet metal wrapped around it - stood as monument on the site for many months - now removed to a church nearby while they argue what the memorial should be.
Brooklyn MuseumBrooklyn Museum
Brooklyn Museum

Leigh and Marilyn pose Annie Liebovitz style.
Giacometti's dogGiacometti's dog
Giacometti's dog

My favoutite sculpture in MOMA where I could photograph it to my heart's content.
Bride and mumBride and mum
Bride and mum

Philippa and Beryl
CousinsCousins
Cousins

Philippa and Beryl


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb