Return trips New York Roosevelt Island, Highline & Hudson River


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
June 14th 2021
Published: August 24th 2021
Edit Blog Post

High Line

Built on a historic, elevated rail line, the High Line was always intended to be more than a park. Converting each section of the High Line from the abandoned rail line took years of planning, community input, and design work.

Newly opened in June 2019, the Plinth is the first space on the High Line dedicated solely to a rotating series of new, contemporary art commissions. Untitled (drone) by artist Sam Durant. A large-scale fiberglass sculpture in the shape of an abstracted drone on top of a 25-foot-tall steel pole.

We also saw current art installations ‘The Musical Brain’, a group exhibition that reflects on the power music has to bring us together.

Aaron & Patrick shared so many interesting points as we walked the Highline.

The gardens were created to have ever-changing textures and colors in all four seasons. I did this tour back in the winter, it was just as interesting then with all the different brown tones and bare tree branches.

It was great to revisit today and see this unique place in the summer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



























Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 18; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb