Wellsville Balloon Rally 2016


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Wellsville
July 31st 2016
Published: July 31st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Up, Up, and Away.....

"Would you like to ride in my beautiful balloon?

Would you like to glide in my beautiful balloon?

We could flow among the stars, together you and I"

The 5th Dimension had it right! What a thrill to see, and better yet, ride in one of these beautiful balloons. Come and join us at our annual balloon rally.

Every 3rd weekend in July, our town of Wellsville, NY, hosts a huge Balloon Rally. Thousands of people come from all around to watch the many, gorgeous balloons reach for the stars. There was even a balloonist from Orlando, Florida. When we are in our winter home at Tropical Palms, we see their balloon fly over our RV. It's so amazing to watch these billowy, enormous balloons glide serenely across the sky as if Jack in the Beanstalk's giant had just released his own exotic balloon collection. We didn't ride in a balloon this year but we have in the past. A wonderful memory that always stays with you. Over this rally weekend, they have 4 launches, depending upon the weather. This year, they launched 3 out of 4 times which was terrific. One year, we had a balloon land in our field. That was neat. It's not happened since. But we always wait with excited anticipation.

The Balloon Rally is a festive time in our town. Remember, the week before when we went to the parade that started the celebrations. Many vendors set up on Main Street while musical entertainment heightened the gaiety in everyone. More vendors were set up at the balloon launch location. Fireworks culminated the end of the festivities following the "After Glow" tethering of some of the balloons. Breathtaking. It floats you away.

Because I was a bit loquacious (really? you snarl) with my last blog (Zzzzzzz), I'm going to let these pictures speak for themselves and contain my chatter to this brief message. No crying, please. Most of the pictures I've borrowed from other fantastic local photographers who caught the picture perfect moment of these magnificent montgolfiers. (Word of the day)

Enjoy this balloon rally through the photos. Anytime, you can also come to Wellsville and attend this event in person. It's always on the 3rd weekend in July. They recently opened a campground near town which had a great vantage spot as the balloons flew over this place this year. All depends upon the weather which way they sail. We also have a big open field at our house if you don't mind dry camping. Think about it....put it on your bucket list of things to see and do. You'll like it....I promise. IF the weather cooperates.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.373s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.2546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb