Looking for SUNSHINE in 2013


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Wellsville
December 29th 2012
Published: December 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We Live HereWe Live HereWe Live Here

Our Sign Says It All!
Hello - Hello - Hello - We're Back!!! We hope you all had a beautiful and colorful Autumn, a wonderful and peaceful Thanksgiving and a Joyful and Merry Christmas.... and now we wish you the Happiest of New Year's.

It's getting about that time when we will begin our next journey: FLORIDA...Here We Come! I hope you will join us via this travel blog. I won't write as often on it as we tend to fall into a regular routine in Florida so it would be a bit too repetitious: Flea Markets, Wal-Mart, pool, Wal-Mart, Universal Studios, Wal-Mart, restaurants, Wal-Mart, Happy Hour, Wal-Mart......some of our favorite gifts for Christmas were gift cards to Wal-Mart...Hooray!! We're all set for fun and frolic in the sunshine and WAL-MART!

Here's our plan: depart from home on January 2nd, arrive in Conover, N.C. on January 4th where our son, Cory, and his family live. Visit for a couple days and then head South to Florida. Check into Tropical Palms (our winter home) on January 8th - site 310. Relax and and enjoy ourselves with our friends and surroundings until mid April. Lulu can hardly wait!!! Her eyes are just dancing with excitement.
Let It SnowLet It SnowLet It Snow

Lulu & Frosty

Here's our problem: look at my photos ---- SNOW galore!! What else would you expect when you live in the North in December. It's Winter!! Cory has run his snowblower so much that the blades are glistening like the flickering snow. It's a wonder the snow doesn't just melt from the heat of the motor and blades on his trusty machine. He's been running it 24/7 almost. Last year, he ran it once. We had a snowstorm this past Wednesday (about 18" in some places) and now add this to it. Holy Columbo! The fluffy white stuff was above my knees when I was feeding the starving birds. They were very appreciative. Tweet!

Today, we were going to meet our families in Geneseo for a final, farewell lunch at Applebee's. Obviously, since I am writing this blog, we did not go....the roads were just too bad to travel. We shall try again tomorrow as the weather report said the snow will stop tonight.

Then it becomes a "wait and see" --- wait for the snow to stop and see if we can drive the RV on the roads (we don't drive on snow covered roads). The weather report
Mr. SnowblowerMr. SnowblowerMr. Snowblower

Clear that snow, Bucky!
predicts only occasional flurries after today so we are hopeful. Remember, we are used to waiting and waiting and waiting (Memories of RED BAY). No driving the RV around in the side yard this time - just a straight shot out of Cory's building onto the highway. We are all ready when the time is right. Let it be right on the 2nd....

Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.
John Ruskin


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

HomeHome
Home

Lulu likes looking at the snow.
Feeding the BirdsFeeding the Birds
Feeding the Birds

Sharing a branch with her feathered friends
Waiting for the MailWaiting for the Mail
Waiting for the Mail

Please write.....
All Snowed InAll Snowed In
All Snowed In

My store, Cory's building, the Church
RV HouseRV House
RV House

Just waiting to shoot out
Standing GuardStanding Guard
Standing Guard

Lulu is Ready
Hanging AroundHanging Around
Hanging Around

Just waiting for the snow to melt....HAH!


29th December 2012

Happy travels!
Wishing you all the best on your travels! Can't wait to see you blogs...even if they ARE a bit repetitious!! Drive safely....we will stay up here and continue with the snow blowing. John is out there now clearing the path for me so I can go to the store and get more milk and TP before another storm comes in!! LOL. Christmas was great....Matt was home for a few days leave but is now in Texas awaiting the Army to send him to Kuwait mid-January. Guess he figured out a way not to have to blow snow! Hugs...Drive safely!! And MISS THE CHURCH ON YOUR WAY OUT!! jo
29th December 2012

Thanks, Jo
You truly had a really joyful and special Christmas ....good luck to Matt. IF we get to Florida, I 'll try to beam some sunshine up to Murrysville to help melt the snow. Stick with us....
29th December 2012

Yeah !!!!
Looking forward to seeing you . Hope you arrive soon. Drive safely I will tell you about our trip back after Christmas. the trip from HELL !!!
30th December 2012

Happy New Year!!!
I am wishing the best for you for the 2nd!
31st December 2012

Have missed the daily blogs! But here we go again tho it can\'t be nearly as \'interesting\' as the last series of blogs! Happy New Year. Be happy and safe.

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0867s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb