sabbatical 2019 - Camp in NH


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Skaneateles
July 18th 2019
Published: July 19th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Back home for a few days after 2 weeks at our beloved Camp in NH and a night with Ben and Rachael in RI. The 2 of them are doing such good things for the Earth and its creatures. Regenerative farming carers for the environment - the land, the animals, and ultimately our health as eaters. Check out there website at https://www.wildharmonyfarm.com/

Life at Camp was wonderfully restorative - spending time with old friends, mountain climbing, bike riding, sailing, swimming, etc.

One of our great joys is to attend the weekly Hymn Sings at a local Smithy (old blacksmith shop). Sometimes close to 80 people cram themselves into this tiny building, including violinists, cellists, and anyone who plays an instrument who wants to join in. An old pump reed organ (which I sometimes get to play), leads the instruments as we all in attendance sing, usually 2 verses of hymns that are shouted out by those in attendance. The 45 minute Sing ends with a prayer led by the host family, or on rare occasion, Becky. Last Sunday the prayer included thanksgiving for the amazing talents of Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer, who had just completed there epic 5 hour final tennis match at Wimbledon. More importantly we always hear of prayer concerns for the most recent social justice issues in the news, and for pastoral concerns of some of the families who attend. A lovely time. In the morning we went to the Federated Church in Center Sandwich, NH, where Becky and I got married 41 years ago. What a blessing!!!!

Finally, the time at Camp was extra special this year for Becky who had a chance to visit with her 2 sisters and brother Ted.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.227s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb