Northeast USA & Canada 2022


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Schroon
September 9th 2022
Published: September 15th 2022
Edit Blog Post


Ed fishing
Today was a fishing day for the guys and an organizing, washing clothes, resting day for the girls. After the fished in the stream in front of our house, we all drove to Starbuckville Dam to try a hole I read about. They really haven’t had much rain up there so the water was low.

While we were at the dam a lady pulled in from the Rotary. She was selling chances on a hand hewn canoe. Always wanting to support people and their organizations, we bought tickets. She was telling us of a couple fishing holes, then she said, “Since you bought from me and ate so nice just go to my house, on the Schroon, and fish!” She gave us directions and away we went. She had a beach area, picnic tables, a dock, deck, and several benches. It was so nice.

From there we went to the Veterans Park in Warrensburg. The was public fishing all along the river there. Ed caught a little smallmouth but nit much else. On our way out of town we stopped at an antique shop and a grocery store. It was such a cute town.

All around us we

Terry’s catch!
kept seeing antique cars and classic cars. It seemed for two days we would see a group of them, then see another group, then another. We kept wondering where all the cars were going, though we never asked anyone.

When we returned home we cooked dinner, watched more of the news from London, and prepared to leave in the morning. We truly loved each of the places we have stayed so far. This house was so cozy and in such a great location. It had a great outdoor space, plus the owners paid such attention to detail! While we hate to leave each place, we look forward to the next one!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Ed fishing


Rock garden at Veterans Park


Ed fishing -Veteran’s Park


Terry fishing-Veteran's Park


Schroon River house


Outdoor area


Schroon River house


Ed fishing


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb