Mom - May 1, 1928 - September 22, 2021


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Saratoga County
September 30th 2021
Published: September 30th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Mom passed away on September 22nd. This is not news you ever want to hear but it definitely hits hard when you are so many miles away. I hold on to the memory of my last visit with Mom on the 8th of September. It was a good visit and we enjoyed our time together as our visits seemed to always include memories of our many trips we took together. Unfortunately, I do not have many of my photos from our many trips over the years here on the boat, but sharing a few that I have here. All we had to say to Mom was that we were going on a trip and did she want to join us – she didn’t even wait for us to say where we were going! We traveled in the US as well as international – everywhere from the Florida Keys, the Tetons, Yellowstone, Hawaii to Dominicia, Belize, Spain, England, Switzerland, Germany, to Thailand. She got to travel by train, by bus, by car, by tuk-tuk, dive boat, cable car, kayak and even on an elephant! We always had such a wonderful time traveling together and then when she didn’t travel any more, we always had great memories that we had to bring back by looking at photos and remembering the details! Mom always surprised me by remembering so many details that I didn’t even remember!

I have taken the time to go through the many photos I have on my computer and find ones that help us in our remembering the great times we have had over the years with Mom. She was a person that loved her family and would do anything for anyone in need. I was doubly blessed that Bob and Mom got along really well and as a result we spent many wonderful vacations together. Mom also loved working on projects and with us buying a “project” house years ago, Mom would enjoy coming out to visit and work along side us when installing windows, taking out walls, or any other project that needed doing.

We will always cherish the wonderful times with Mom and now be thankful that she is together again with Dad after all these years apart.

A friend upon hearing of our loss sent us a lovely poem that he said had helped him and hoped it would help us as well. I am including it here to share with others as I find its message is helpful and runs true with how Mom felt.

We love you Mom and will cherish all of the time we had with you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Mom On Her 89th Birthday Mom On Her 89th Birthday
Mom On Her 89th Birthday

Love this hat on Mom!


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb