Sacketts Harbor NY


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Sacketts HarborSacketts HarborSacketts Harbor

Taking a shopping break
My visiting family from Ohio stayed in a cottage in Henderson NY. While it was located right on the water, there really was not all that much to do there. We played games one rainy afternoon, and held cookouts on the deck. One of my cousins floated around on an inner tube, but that was the extent of our lake enjoyment. The shore was rocky and not very conducive for water fun. When we needed further entertainment, we simply went to nearby Sacketts Harbour.

I love Sacketts. It's a quaint little village situated right on Lake Ontario, with plenty of good restaurants, an awesome coffee shop, some gift shops and antique stores. This is another town that absolutely comes to life in the summer, but it feels more local and less touristy than Alex Bay. I've been here many times, and can quite honestly say I've never had a bad meal here. Between Tin Pan Galley, Goodfellos, the Boat House and the Sacketts Harbor Brewing Co, one is sure to find something good to eat. If you want coffee and pastry, Chrissy Beanz is the place to go. And of course, there is ice cream.

We visited Sacketts a
Sacketts HarborSacketts HarborSacketts Harbor

Nothing like dining outside on a summer day
few times during that cottage stay. Blessed with incredible summer weather, we had lunch and a few beers on an outdoor patio. We checked out an antique store, some gift shops and a clothing store. After all this, we had some ice cream at a small little stand, which we ate while perched at tiny plastic tables. Adorable! The following day, I took my daughters to a wonderful tea store for some bubble tea. Unfortunately, this place is no longer in business.

If you are headed that way, be sure to check into local events. There always seems to be something going on in the area during the short summer months. I've been to town-wide garage sales, parades and Can Am Festival, and all were a good time!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sacketts HarborSacketts Harbor
Sacketts Harbor

My brother looks like a giant on that little table!
Sacketts HarborSacketts Harbor
Sacketts Harbor

Great spot for some ice cream
Sacketts HarborSacketts Harbor
Sacketts Harbor

My girls with their bubble teas. How I miss that place!


Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb