Niagara Falls


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Niagara Falls
October 1st 2006
Published: October 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

What a day! The falls lived up to and probably more than we expected. The weather started dull but cleared up later to give us perfect viewing conditions.

We visited both the American and Canadian sides of the gorge to see the different aspects of this wonderful natural phenomenon. We saw spraybows from several different locations. We had a ride on the Maid of the Mist boat right underneath the Horseshoe Falls and got wet. We walked on the Cave of the Winds boarded walks really close to the Bridal falls, experienced their power and got soaked. We went to the tunnel behind the Horseshoe Falls and got wet again.

At the end of a long expedition, we returned to Park Place bed and breakfast exhausted but happy.
Th conditions weren't as misty as some of the photos make it look. The camera started complaining after several dousings!

The day ended with a very reasonably priced, but fairly lavish buffet at the Niagara Casino. Presumably to entice the punters. We didn’t gamble but went back to the falls to watch a firework display.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.1378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb