New York; Burgers, Festivals and Comedy


Advertisement
North America » United States » New York » New York
January 17th 2016
Published: January 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the delay with this next blog, we decided to take a break with publishing blogs over Christmas. We hope you continue to enjoy our travels that follows on from India...to our adventures in the States! Pre-Trip For this world trip, along with visiting countries we could easily travel around on a budget, we also wanted to go to countries that we knew would stretch our finances a little. J... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 21


Advertisement










18th January 2016

Reverse culture shock :)
So nice to see a blog from you guys! I can just imagine how expensive everything must have seemed after months in south east and south Asia. I know this blog was from a few months ago now, but I have to say that I'm very impressed with your travel stamina. I love the sound of all that soul food :)
19th January 2016

Reverse culture shock
Haha we wasnt expecting to find everything so expensive. I dont know how we will learn to treat ourselves again when we have become used to living life soo cheaply. Thank you. Currently in our 12th month of travel and although we find ourselves exhausted at times, we are not fully ready for home as of yet and now have started to question whether home should be home? ?
18th January 2016

Glad to see you are blogging again. One of our dreams is to drive the US from coast to coast on board of one of those massive motorhomes they have there... a pricey dream, but one we're hoping will come true one day. Looking forward to more blogs! Deni
19th January 2016

Motorhome road trip
Since travelling the states Chris and I have said exactly the same thing, renting cars here and there offered soo much freedom and we now want to return for a roadtrip across the national parks. Also do not know when we will do this but its certainly a when as opposed to a if ?
19th January 2016

American car culture, and entitlement
Loved the blog, and the spot-on observations about American car culture. We love driving so much its easy to become entitled about car ownership. Most people ride the bus without incident (I have), but others view it as scary because anyone with a car drives. That said, I hope you get to do that road trip someday; it's an adventure. Mine (in a convertible, no less) lasted nine months :)
21st January 2016

RE: American car culture, and entitlement
Thank you Ezra. We were really concerned about our bus journeys prior to arriving in the US. But can now safely say all the buses we caught were perfectly fine and would recommend them to anybody living in or visiting the states. A 9 month road trip sounds amazing, we got a little taster whilst we were there and will definitely embark on another adventure via roadtrip.
24th January 2016
Lady liberty

Amazing Lady
N-i-c-e
18th May 2016

Hold on!!!
What happened between sept 15 when you were in india and jan 16? i didn't realize it took 3 months to get to new york! Am I thick or what?!
21st May 2016

Re: Hold on!!!
Haha fear not. You have not missed anything. Due to being a few months behind with our blogs we now use the date we posted the blog as opposed to the date we were actually in that destination. This is to give our blogs the best exposure possible. We have started putting the dates at the bottom of each blog to let our readers know when we were actually there. Apologies for any confusion. Thanks for reading.

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb