New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
June 28th 2015
Published: June 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Anna here! Today for breakfast we had sausage and smoothies. We went to the subway in the morning and we rode to Central Park. Once we walked around central park we saw a little Carnival. So when we were done at Central Park we walked around and went to a LOT of t-shirt shops and went to time square went to American eagle. Oh ya and for lunch we went to this restraunt ben ash delicatessen it was really good. When we were done shopping and walking we found the nearest subway and came to wall st then walked back and across the street, from our penthouse there is this small grocery store we had to get milk and beer then we walked across the street to the penthouse sat down and chilled some of us showered and playing on the indo board!



Two long days of walking and exploring in NYC. It is Sunday night and everyone is laying around and yawning. Tonight is clean up the leftover, we have a little of everything left but had pistachios, trisvuts and smoked Gouda for apps. Kids are watching Skyfall and Dad and I are trying to come up with creative options for mashed potato, broccoli, hambuger, chicken, lettuce and kale. Today's venture was a sold 5 hours of walking with lunch being the only real stop.



Getting to the subway was easy, we just walked up Wall Street to Broadway, right at Trinity church for access to take 4 green line to 59th. It was only a few blocks walk to enter Central Park. There were a lot horse and carriage ride for sale, that would be fun, but we would probably bored in about a minute. We passed and just explored the southern part of the park. I am always fascinated with the lush greenery, quite nature and rocky outcrops right in the middle of the hustle and bustle of one of the most populated cities of the world.

Enroute today Times Square we took 7th ave and stopped at several of the t-shirts shops. Since we were getting Hungary we got some of the candied peanuts the sell on the streets. a bargain at 3 small baga for $5. We were going to have some NY cheesecake for the afternoon snack, but we never came across it after our luch stop. Anna had an ice cream cone, but that was it. It is now 9:30 and I think we are all ready for bed. We need to be on the road to Six Flags, just after rush hour tomorrow. It should be interesting to drive out of Manhattan thru the Lincoln Tunnel.

Until tomorrow- Lisa


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb