Healing Heroes Network Best Non-Profit Organization


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
November 7th 2014
Published: November 7th 2014
Edit Blog Post

As we all know, this year marks the 100 year anniversary of the beginning of WWI. War seems now more prevalent than ever, and it is increasingly important that we not only support our troops, but the organisations dedicated and committed to working with and helping them. The Healing Heroes Network is a fantastic non-profit organization based in Florida. They have been serving military men and women and their families since its establishment in 2008. Committed to providing financial assistance to aid the healing of America’s military heroes, Healing Heroes Network are an integral part of military support today.



The Healing Heroes Network serves soldiers and military personnel through raising money for communication, education and community outreach. Dedicated to raising awareness, HHN strive to treat those often overlooked, passionate about reaching every injured or affected military hero through their work. With such a devastating number of wounded and injured soldiers, it is frankly impossible for the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs to provide adequate and timely service to everyone in need of it. The Healing Heroes Network serves to fill the gaps, targeting those in need of healing which is unable to be provided by other organizations.



The present-day War on Terrorism is of such a scale and intensity that veterans everyday struggle to overcome both mental and physical illnesses such as PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) and other cognitive, emotional and physical disabilities. The specific goal of the Healing Heroes Network concerns, helping the injured back into enjoyable, healthy and independent lives.



As the nature and reality of war changes, so does the type and level of injury most commonly received on the battlefield. Increasing numbers of soldiers are surviving yet suffering. Of course, the ability to save lives with modern medicine and technology is something to be rejoiced, but this does mean that more support is needed to help those severely injured and wounded. Mental illness and injuries, for example, are occurring on a level such as we have never seen before, and need a great deal of in-depth and lengthy treatment to nurse veterans back to full health.



Since 2010, Helping Heroes Network has funded in the vicinity of 1,500 treatments for injured and wounded American heroes. This has been made possible by the unprecedented support of the Healing Heroes Network by the American general public. Expensive treatments such as Hyperbaric Oxygen, Therapy, Massage and Chiropractic Therapies, Acupuncture, Mental Health Counselling and many others have enabled soldiers to gain normality and health in their lives once again.



The Healing Heroes Network has had an amazingly positive effect on those coming out of battle for injury-related reasons. However, there are still many in need of treatment who have not yet been helped. HHN need the continued support of the public to make rehabilitation possible and effective. For more information, please visit http://www.healingheroes.org.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb