Thursday in NYC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
October 11th 2012
Published: October 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Thursday morning we took a van to the Barclay International Hotel. We dropped off our luggage there and walked around NYC for an hour or so. We saw the Today Show which was cool! We all met back up at the Barclay to get ready to go to Clear Channel.

We took the subway to Clear Channel Media Entertainment. This was our first stop on the media tour in New York City. When we first arrived at Clear Channel we got stuck on an elevator for 10 minutes. We were only on the first floor which is the lobby so it wasn't a major issue. However, a girl in our group went borderline crazy in the elevator. Long story short we got out of the elevator!

The lady that gave us the tour was recently graduated and had previously had an internship at Clear Channel. She also informed us that everyone that had worked at Clear Channel was a former intern and they all got a job after interning there. We met a few of the radio personalities. They told us a little bit about what they do and that most of the time on-air they "wing" it. They also get information to use that would be good for broad audiences in different states.

We saw the new iHeartRadio concert hall. The fans that get to go to the concert have to win the tickets through the radio or through online promotions. The room can fit anywhere from 200 to 250 people. There is also a V.I.P section in the back of the concert room.

Later that day our media tour class went to the World Trade Center Memorial. There are two pools/waterfalls where the towers once stood. They are now building a freedom tower as well as three other towers around the fallen towers.

That evening we all went to Times Square!! I absolutely was in awe of this place. I loved all the bright lights and how big the advertisements were! Somehow Kacey and I got separated from the group. We ended up going in the Hard Rock Cafe which was pretty awesome! I had to get a shirt of course! We also saw the naked cowboy which was ummm interesting?! On our way back to the hotel we saw the NYPD chasing a convertible with girls standing in the back flashing people. Only in New York I guess?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb