The city that never sleeps!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
June 8th 2012
Published: June 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hey y'all!

Been in new York for 7 nights now and have only got another 2 nights here before we fly to Switzerland. We have had some great weather but it has also rained a bit too. We spent a whole day wandering central park.. Walked forever! Beautiful spot especially when the sun is out and people r sunbaking and playing with water pistols! Last time I was there we were snuggled up in blankets.

Last time I was here I went to the met so I didn't do that again. Went to the museum of natural history which was good. Interesting seeing all the displays of animals and the dinosaur fossils. We also went to the Madame tussauds museum which was very cool!! We have been riding the subway everywhere, and have seen most of the sights like Rockefeller centre, empire state building, 9/11 memorial (so beautiful no pictures could do it justice) Madison square garden, grand central station, been to Macy's, new York public library. Tomorrow we have a big day cos we r doing statue of liberty and Brooklyn bridge, soho, little Italy and a few other spots. Doing a grand tour with the hostel.

We have LIVED in times square! Been to see priscilla queen of the desert on broadway which was amazing. Such a great show and when they dragged me on stage to dance well the night couldn't get any better haha. We went to see rent which was off broadway, it was pretty average but still great talent. We also went to a stand up comedy show which was fun!

We did a Harlem tour where we sat in a church and watched gospel singers. It was very entertaining! The singing was great.. 'oh happy day' etc.. Then there was the preaching. Lots of amen alleluias and CAN I GET A WITNESS IN HERE? And apparently god pays your rent.

We have had a few big nights out but the ones that have been the best were when we went to the baseball then went to a pub afterwards with our friends Erin n dale. $3 shots and everyone knows im a shots girl. The other night we went to a club where we got free drinks and shisha. GoOd times.

Till next time xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb