The windy city!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
May 31st 2012
Published: June 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello all!

Been in Chicago for the last three days and have had a ball. A great start to the trip (excluding the horrendous flight)!! We arrived on Monday night and were so tired that we just got something to eat and went to bed. Tuesday was beautiful weather about 29 degrees so we went walking around the parks, went to navy pier, and went on a speed boat architectural tour around lake Michigan and Chicago river. We had bubba gumps shrimp for lunch.. I got the beer infused shrimp with garlic butter yum yum! Later on we had a look at some shops on the magnificent mile then went to cloudS gate. The Chicagoans call it the bean because that's what it's shaped like. It was amazing seeing the city reflection and we took some great pics! That night we got deep dish pizza for dinner which is a famous Chicago pizza... It was THE most delicious pizza ash and I had had in our lives. Still drooling.

Yesterday we went shopping and bought new clothes. I also bought new Nike runners, "tennis shoes" in America apparently. Even if u don't play tennis! Weirdos. We then went to sears tower, now called Willis tower. Was the tallest building in the world for 22 years but now might be tenth or something. Forget. It was awesome going oN the sky deck. Scary stepping onto the glass floor so u feel like ur gonna fall. Shit myself when ash went to push me onto it haha. Last night we went to a rooftop restaurant and made some friends. We all went to karaoke. So so fun! Bulk beers = bulk performances haha. Man I feel like a woman, paradise by the dashboardlights with some random (wish u were there Han lol) and more haha.

Today we had a big sleep in then went and had a 'chicago dog' a Vienna frank with pickles and mustard and ur not allowed to have sauce. It was yuk. Lol. Then we went to the art institute of Chicago. It was amazing seeing paintings by Picasso and Monet and Leichtenstein and many more. Weather was miserable today it was rainy and windy and both our umbrellas brokke from the impact lol. Chicago is more unpredictable than melboUrne! We are having an early night tonight we leave for new York at 5:50am :s bring on NYC!!!

Advertisement



1st June 2012

hehe
aww sounds like you're having fun lauz. wish i was ther for paradise by the dashboard lights too haha. new nike hey good work hehehehe ILYYYYYYYYYY
1st June 2012

Sounds like you are already having a great time!! Very jealous!!! :)
3rd June 2012

Yay Larz you got new runners! The pizza sounds delish. Glad you're having fun:P
8th June 2012

kareoke-envy
I also wish i was there for paradise by the dashboard lights too! jel. hope you're having a ball!! :)

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb