Easter at New York


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
April 15th 2006
Published: April 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our flight from Las Vegas back to Los Angeles was very bumpy as there were storms. When we went to check in for our next flight, our itinerary was not on the system and we were told that all our ongoing flights had been cancelled!!!! Some computer glitch - all was eventually resolved - not happy 😞

Had a 6 hour flight to New York, arriving at night. Next morning we took the subway to 42nd street and Times Square. We visited the library (for Sam) and then walked down 5th Avenue, saw the Chrysler building and onto the Empire State building. We only went inside the Empire State as the queue to go to the top was halfway down the next block. We had brunch in a diner on 5th Avenue. We walked around some more and then took the subway back to our place on 86th street. We visited Central Park which was alive with people enjoying the outdoors, saw our first squirrel. The Museum of Modern Art was huge, it had a wonderful Egyptian exhibit. Dinner was at a Mexican restaurant with corn chips made on the premises. We ended the day having a few beers at Riverside Drive park watching the sunset on the Hudson River.

The next day, Easter Sunday was spent downtown watching the Easter Parade. Not like an Australian parade at all, people were dressed in Easter finery and walked down the street, other people walked with them and took pictures. Horse drawn carriages were going around Central Park, there was a huge crowd enjoying the sunny weather. We walked along Central Park and visited the Natural Museum and saw dinosaur bones, gems, meterorites and the anthropology of native cultures of the world.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0937s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb